Thursday, August 14, 2014
Hi I am back. It has been such a busy summer of moving from a home of 52 years and a flower shop of almost 40 years. I moved into my Twin-do on June 20 which was sold by owner. It has had so many things that needed to be fixed or repaired. Putting recipes on the blog was just something I did not have time for. Hopefully that will change. Anyway this is a recipe that I did make several times this summer and it is very refreshing. Sorry that I do not have a picture. 5 cups of cubed watermellon 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cubed 2 avacadoes, peeled and cubed 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated fine 2 fresh limes,juiced on salad Freshly grated black pepper to taste 1 bunch of cilantro chopped Directions: Mox all ingredients together and refrigerate for a few hours before serving to marinate the flavors. Enjoy
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar-I use about 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup Miracle whip I used my vegan Mayo.
- I also added about 2 tablespoons creamy horseradish sauce.
- 4-5 cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped-1 red or orange pepper would be pretty in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 10 oz package of angel Hair cabbage-if you can't find it use a pkg of cole slaw.
- 1 lb. box Rotini, cooked and drained. I used the Rainbow Colored Rotini
Saturday, April 12, 2014
These are really good. plus quick and easy to make.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds 1/2 cup agave nectar-I used 1/4 cup
- 1 cup natural peanut butter or any nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips-I use the mini chips-optional
- I added unsweetened shredded coconut
- Also added some roasted soy nuts
- In a food processor blend cashews and rolled oats. Recipe did not call for this but I did not want big chunks of either.
- Put in a large bowl. Add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix ingredients well. Clean hands work great.
- Put in 8 by 8" parchment lined glass pan with parchment paper hanging over 2 sides.this will make it easier to pull bars out of pan. I sprayed the parchment paper lightly.
- Press down the batter.
- Cover and put in frig overnight. Or freeze for an hour or so and enjoy.
- Cut bars into small pieces as they are very rich.