Saturday, April 12, 2014

Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars

I am still here. Been really busy to hopefully get my home up for sale next week.

These are really good. plus quick and easy to make.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup cashews
  • 1/4 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 1/2 cup almonds 1/2 cup agave nectar-I used 1/4 cup
  • 1 cup natural peanut butter or any nut butter of choice
  • 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips-I use the mini chips-optional
  • I added unsweetened shredded coconut
  • Also added some roasted soy nuts
Feel free to substitute any nuts you may not have on hand.
Directions:
  1. In a food processor blend cashews and rolled oats. Recipe did not call for this but I did not want big chunks of either.
  2. Put in a large bowl. Add all the rest of the ingredients.
  3. Mix ingredients well. Clean hands work great.
  4. Put in 8 by 8" parchment lined glass pan with parchment paper hanging over 2 sides.this will make it easier to pull bars out of pan. I sprayed the parchment paper lightly.
  5. Press down the batter.
  6. Cover and put in frig overnight. Or freeze for an hour or so and enjoy.
  7. Cut bars into small pieces as they are very rich.
Enjoy.

No comments: