Monday, March 31, 2014

Soy Sauce Substitute

I am still here. I have been putting in long hours getting ready to put my home up for sale. Yikes never new how much a person could collect in 52 years. Plus I had a flower shop down stairs for about 40 years. If it wouldn't be for others helping I am not sure what I would have done.

 My friend Jean gave me this recipe for a soy sauce substitute. I have not made it as my kitchen counters are in repair.
I am all for a low sodium soy sauce substitute. Give it a try to see if you like it.

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons sodium free beef bouillon
  • 2 teaspoons red wine  vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon molasses
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
  • black pepper
  •  garlic powder 
  • 1/4 cup water
Directions:
  1. In a small saucepan, combine and boil gently uncovered about 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup. 
  2. Store in refrigerator. 
  3. Stir before using. 
  4. Yield 8 servings.

No comments: