Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spinach-Strawberry Salad -- Spinach- Raspberry Salad






These are two different salads that I have been enjoying whenever I can get raspberries or strawberries at a decent price.


top salad I put sunflower seeds on and the bottom I put chopped walnuts on.


Ingredients:


  • 1 package baby spinach

  • 1 pint strawberries, hulled or raspberries
    1 small red onion, chopped

  • sesame seeds, sunflower seeds-toasted or nuts of choice



Dressing:


This is a dressing that I like to use. It is my concoction, but use what you enjoy. The total amount of this dressing should be about 1/2 cup. Add or delete to your taste.


  • About 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

  • 1-2 clove garlic-minced fine

  • 1/4 teaspoon thyme

  • garlic wine vinegar-slight 1/4 cup-go easy you can always add more

  • In place of oil, I used a slight 1/4 cup of water

  • Agave Nectar to taste.

Just a reminder:


It is really important to be drinking your water. If you feel hungry between meals-try water. Do not drink water while you are eating your meal. You fill up on water and you will find yourself hungry in a short time.

2 comments:

Jean L. said...

LOVE this salad!! Always looking for a new dressing. Thanks for those gorgeous pix. You make "raw"
so interesting & fun.

Verna V said...

Hi Jean
Thank you for your comments. I so appreiate you.

Verna