Friday, January 13, 2012

Marinated Apple Relish













As I mentioned I am trying to lose weight for my up-coming surgery. So--- I have been trying to stay pretty close to the raw end of the CHIP Spectrum. I made this this morning and will have for lunch. It is really good. Give it a try if you want to eat really healthy.


Ingredients:


  • 3 apples finely minced

  • 3-4 stalks of celery, minced

  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar-the recipe called for a lot more, but it was to strong.

  • 2 Tablespoons lemon juice

  • 2 teaspoons red onion, minced

  • Dash of low sodium Worcestershire sauce

  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste.

  • Add a squirt of agave nectar to taste.

  • Directions:


  1. Everything that needed to be chopped I did in the food processor, one ingredient at a time.

  2. Mix liquid ingredients and pour over apple mixture.

  3. Marinated in frig. for at least 30 minutes before eating.


Enjoy!!!










No comments: