Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lemony Green Beans




My friends Jean and Tom gave me lots of green beans this last summer and I am enjoying them a lot with this recipe. These beans are out of my garden and somewhat over grown but still very enjoyable.



Oh these are so very good--even if you are not trying to lose weight.



Ingredients:


  • 4 cups fresh or frozen green beans

  • 1 clove garlic, minced

  • Grate off some lemon zest before you squeeze the lemon

  • 1/2 lemon -juiced-I used more

  • 4-8 dashes of pepper

Directions:



  1. Cook the garlic in the lemon juice for a minute or so.

  2. Add the rest of the ingredients.

  3. Cook the beans, do not over cook as you want them crunchy.

"yum"


I fix my fresh asparagus this way also.


Tip:

We all have heard many times do record every thing you put in your mouth.

I started doing this a few months ago and it really helps. I always hated taking the time to do this, but it sure is helpful. Give it a try if you want to lose weight!



1 comment:

Jean L. said...

Tried last p.m. Didn't have a lemon. . used lemon juice & it turned out very good. Passed the "husband test". Thumbs up Verna!!