Saturday, May 5, 2012

Verna's Rhubarb Orange Muffins

I am really sorry. I made these last week and with company coming they got gobbled up in no time and I forgot to take a picture.
If I make them in the near future I will post a picture. In the mean time hear is the recipe.
These are really good!!
Rhubarb Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 2 & 1/2 cups whole Wheat Pastry Flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder- without aluminum in.
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cardamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt-I did use
  • 2 & 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
  • 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/3 cup Agave Nectar
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract-please no imitation
  • 2 cups chopped rhubarb
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • Turbinado Brown Sugar
Directions
  • Set oven at 350 degrees-bake about 15min. small-20 minutes large
  • Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamon and salt in large bowl.
  • IN another bowl mix together, orange zest, orange juice, applesauce, Agave Nectar, oil and vanilla extract.
  • Gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients with a wooden spoon-do not over mix.
  • Add rhubarb and nuts. Gently fold in.Spray small muffin tins, add batter.
  • Sprinkle tops with Turbinado Sugar.
Bake 350 degrees for about 15 minutes

Note I have decreased the oil in this recipe trememdously and replaced it wit applesauce. Next time I am going to try all applesauce and no oil.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: