Monday, May 28, 2012

Verna's Wild Rice with Mandarin Orange Salad

Thursday evening after class I stopped at Festival Foods to pick up groceries for this Tuessday PM. I had not eaten supper so was starved and picked up some Wild Rice-Mandarin Orange Salad in the deli
.
Yes it was good but very flat, so I went home and made my version of it. I think you will really like this salad.

Verna's Wild Rice-Mandarin Orange Salad
Ingredients
  • 4 cups cooked wild rice-I made the entire pkg and I froze the remainder rice.
  • 2 large cans -15 Oz. Mandarin oranges in it's own juice-drained
  • 1 & 1/2 chopped celery- I like my salads crunchy.
  • 1 & 1/2 dried Craisins
  • 2-3 teaspoons curry powder
  • 3 Teaspoons Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar-I found at Woodmen's
  • 1/2 cup Grape seed Vegan Mayonnaise or as needed- I added a whisker more.
  • 1 bunch green onions-chopped-use the green also
  • Zest of 1 orange
  • 1 cup plus chopped walnuts
Directions.
  1. Mix well in a large bowl- refrigerate several hours before serving.
I think you will really enjoy this recipe!!
Juice of 1/2 orange

No comments: