Sunday, May 26, 2013

Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Grapes and Walnuts

My friend Jean gave me the cookbook, Meatless from the kitchen of Martha Stewert. I tried this recipe last evening, (page351) and it was really very good. I lLOVE roasted fruit and vegetables. this is such an easy recipe with hardly any ingredients. Give it a try.
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs brussel sprouts halved-about 8 cups
  • 1 1/2 red seedless grapes, about 4 cups
  • 2 Tablespooms EVOO
  • 1/4cup fresh thyme leaves
  • salt and pepper to taste-I used no salt
  • 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar-I used Olive Cellers, Cranberry, Pear Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1/2 cup walnuts toasted and coarsely chopped
 
Directions:
         Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  1. Toss brussel sprouts, grapes, oil and thyme in a plastic grocery bag to mix well.
  2. Put on 2 parchment laden baking sheets, single layer.
  3. Roast until tender and brown, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
  4. Remove from oven. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and pepper.
  5. Add walnuts and serve immedietly.
 
Enjoy.
 
I also added some green grapes I had on hand and a handfull of grape tomatoes.
 
 
 

No comments: