Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Potato Salad with Portabella Sandwich without the Bun

I had a friend in for Memorial Day and these are two of the things I served. Oh and it was so very good and so very easy to make.
I made the potato salad using:
  • Small red potatoes, boiled and peeled.
  • Vegan Mayanaise
  • lots of chopped celery, radishes, green onions, and chives
  • For seasoning I used  a couple squirts of creamy horseradish sauce,  1 Tablespoon or so of apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard to taste.
  • Oh yes and lots of black pepper.
  • Make to your taste.
  • Refrigerate overnight to marinate the flavors. This was really good.
For the Portabella Sandwich:
  1. I roasted some cherry tomatoes at 425 degrees on parchment paper until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
  2. I used 6 portabellas, put in hot coconut oil about 1 Tablesopoon.
  3. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
  4. I sprinkled about 5-6 tablespoons of Olive Cellars, Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar over the top of the mushrooms.
  5. . Cover the pan and cook until golden brown about 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Flip the mushrooms and do the same on the other side in a covered pan.
  6. In 3 of the mushrooms  put cheese of choice in the cavities. Top with the other mushrooms and continue cooking  in a covered pan until cheese is melted.
  7. As you can see on the picture I served 1 1/2 mushroom sandwiches on greens.
  8. I put baby spinach and roasted tomatoes on top of the cheese, and put the  portabella top back on.
  9. Without the bun it saves lots of calories..


Serve with a steak knife as mushrooms are hard to cut otherwise.
These are so very good. I could eat them every meal.
Enjoy!!

No comments: