Sunday, June 2, 2013

Vegan Chocolate Cupcake with Ice Cream

I am making a vegan dinner for 30 people  in a couple of weeks. My granddaughter , who loves to cook  vegan, brought me these cupcakes last evening, The meal I am cooking for is a birthday party.  I made the quick and easy banana ice cream to go with it. I did not want all the extra calories in the frosting, that is why I opted for the ice cream. In this case I added several strawberries with this ice cream. It would be great with the chocolate ice cream also. and have a few shavings of chocolate on the top. We all like chocolate don't we??

This is my granddaughters recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/3 cup agave nectar
  • 1/3 cup carob powder
  • 2 tablespoons cherry brandy
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Araggs Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 3/4 cup flour. I would use 1/2 WW pastry flour.
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla, no imitation please-optional
Directions:
  1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
  2. Mix liquids in another bowl.
  3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredits in. Do not over mix.
  4. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
  5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 18 ninutes.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Oh yes the ice cream. I put frozen banana chips in my food processor with enough almond milk to make consistency of soft serve ice cream. Add vanilla, choc powder or water ever flavor you would like.  or whatever fruit you would like with the bananas. The bananas take the place of the cream and the eggs so you do want this as your base. If you don't use the bananas it will not be as creamy.
Enjoy!!

No comments: