Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ranch Dressing Plus so Much More


I found this recipe in the book 350 Best Vegan Recipes By Deb Roussou. And I did not change anything in it. Can you believe it!!!!  It is awesome!!!!  In fact it is waaaaaaaay to good to be healthy. But it is!!!!! Yummy yummy!! Remember my posting of the double portabella mushroom on greens  last week or so. I made that for lunch today and spread some of this between the portabellas. Who needs cheese!! I also browned green onions when I was "frying" up the portabellas and put them in between the portabellas after browned.  Get out that steak knife and enjoy!!!
Who wants a hamburger when you can eat like this!!!

This would also be fabulous on baked potatoes, sauce for veggies, or a dip for raw vegetables.
Plus it is quick and easy to make. I made it between 2 zillion other activities.

Ingredients:
In a food processor put in the following:
  1. 8 oz. firm or extra firm Mori-Nu Tofu, drained
  2. 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  3. 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar I used garlic vinegar
  4. 1 Tablespoon oil -optional
  5. 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
  6. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  7. Pinch of sugar
Blend till creamy, scraping down the sides.
  1. Add 1 cup vegan mayonnaise of choice-blend.
  2. Add 3-5 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives.-chopped green onions would be great also.
  3. Black pepper to taste
  4. Also called for salt, but I did not use.
  5. Refrigerate overnight to marinate the flavors.
  6. This will be good in frig up to 5 days or so.

Enjoy, it is so very good!

No comments: