Monday, June 3, 2013

Verna's Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes


I took several recipes and took out of each recipe what I liked. A friend said these where really good, like a 9-10 and very moist. Yeah!!!!  I got a winner!!!
I obviously do not have any thing on top of the cupcakes.. Again I will probably serve with ice cream flavor of choice. same recipe as on last posting.

Ingredients:
  • I mixed wet ingredients in  two bowls.
  • 1 cup vanilla soy milk or almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Mix together above and set aside.
In another container Mix the rest of the wet ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup -go easy
  • Slight 1/4 cup agave nectar
  • 1/3 cup sugar free, applesauce-I used mine that I canned
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla-just a whisker over-Please no imitation
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Mix together above:

In another large bowl mix the dry ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup white unbleached flour
  • 1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour-Plus about 1/8 cup pastry flour more-Pastry flour will keep the cupcakes lighter.
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder- I used Rapunzel Organic Cocoa Powder-Festival has this in the Natural Food Aisle.
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda-just a whisker over
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder-alumnium free please.
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt-I did use.
  • Mix the dry ingredients well.

Directions:

  1. Mix the milk of choice with the apple cider vinegar.Set aside.
  2. Mix all the rest of the wet ingredients together in another container.
  3. Mix the dry ingredients together.
  4. Mix the milk mixture with the rest of the wet ingredients. Stir well.
  5. Make a well in the dry ingredients. Mix with a mix master, do not over mix.
  6. Put in a cupcake lined muffin tin.
  7. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
You will find this batter is a bit on the runny side.
  1. I had leftover batter and put in a small  sprayed container to bake.

Frost or serve with ice cream.

Enjoy!!

This is the cupcake recipe that I will be making for the birthday party. Everyone will get ice cream flavor of choice with a lite birthday candle on it.

.

No comments: