Monday, March 15, 2010

Zucchini Muffins

Oh these are so very good.

2 cups whole Wheat Pastry Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt ( I actually used it)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar ( I used raw brown sugar)
1/4 cup raisins ( didn't have any so used dried cranberries)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup smooth applesauce ( I used mine that I canned, has nothing in it but apples and a little
water)
1 1/4 cup shredded zucchini-packed
1 Tablespoon lemon zest-(I used more)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
1 1/2 cups soy milk or other non-dairy milk

Directions:
1- Preheat oven to 400 degrees,** lightly oil muffin tins.
2-In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients,flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, sugar cranberries and walnuts.
3-In medium bowl, combine wet ingredients, applesauce, zucchini, lemon zest, lemon juice, Agave Nectar, and soymilk.
4-Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Do not over stir. Batter will be heavy.
5-Spoon into muffin tins, bake until tooth pick comes out clean-about 20 minutes.


** I used 1 large muffin tin and 2 very small muffin tins.



Cinnamon Crumb Topping



2 teaspoons margarine-I used 2 teaspoons of oil
1 teaspoon sugar- I used 1 teaspoon raw brown sugar
1 Tablespoon flour-I used Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Use fork to combine until crumbly. Sprinkle on muffins before baking.Press topping down gently into muffin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Verna WOW you are an inspiration to me. I am half your age and I don't exercise as hard as you do. I am really enjoying the recipes that you are sharing. Keep up the great work.

Deb

Anonymous said...

That is the best recipe. The muffins were delicious!