Sunday, August 8, 2010

I just came in from my garden with a couple of fennel bulbs. Some one in the CHIP class brought me some cucumbers the other evening. I decided to through these together to see how they would taste

If you like fennel you will like this.

Quick and easy.


Cucumber Fennel Salad:

2 cups cucumber-peeled and sliced
1 cup sliced fennel
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Couple handfuls of cherry tomatoes I felt the recipe needed tomatoes with the basil.
1-2 teaspoons EVOO -optional
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar - I chose this as it is a sweeter vinegar.
Fresh ground black pepper to taste.

In bowl, combine cucumbers, fennel, basil and tomatoes.
Add oil and vinegar, and pepper.



Enjoy!!




2 comments:

Jean L. said...

YUMMY!! Went out to garden to dig out super tall fennel and it was all stalks and no bulbs. . .how can I make your cucumber fennel salad without my fresh fennel?? Will have to BUY at Farmer's Mkt.
Lesson learned!!

Verna V said...

Hi Jean.
I know, out of 100 fennel plants I have about 6 bulbs. The rabbits had a feast with my fennel.
They were starting to rot with all the rain we had. But I was able to selvage the ones I had.
I love fennel in everything. (almost)
Thanks for your comment Jean.