Thursday, August 12, 2010

Knee deep in flowers.

I have two weddings to do flowers for this weekend.

Can you believe getting married in this heat and humidity??



My flowers came in

late Wednesday afternoon from my supplier who gets them from Ecuador. After cleaning them up I put the flowers I was going to use for bouquets in the cooler.



When I awoke Thursday morning (4:30) the power had gone off in the Ct, I quickly retrieved my flowers from the coolers and brought them into my home.

Thank God I had put the air on the night before. Talk about stress, how long is the power going to be off???

Thank God, the power came back on about 8 o'clock. So all the flowers went back into the coolers to maintain there 40 degrees temperatures. All is well,,,,, ( so I thought) the flowers had not blown very much.



I continued too work on my flowers in my home as it was just way toooooo hot to do in the garage as I usually do.

About 4 o'clock I went to put some finished flowers in my coolers, just to find out my cooler died!!!! Now what do I do???? Yikes!!!!



I quickly, for the second time this day had to retrieve my flowers and get them into a cooler place. Only place I had to put my flowers was in my refrigerator. The food went into friends refrigerator and I worked most of the night to get the flowers into bouquets.

Brides want their flowers in good condition, no excuses are acceptable when it comes too weddings, short of death.



Is this called stress!!! Never in the 30 years have I ever had such stress, even when I did 5-7

weddings a weekend.



I tell you this, because inspite of all that happened I still stayed on my CHIP program.



That is a miracle!!! Miracles do happen sometimes. Before CHIP I would have been eating naughty foods to relieve my stress.
This is why the pantry purge is so important. Their was nothing naughty in the house to eat, so it sure saved me from disaster.

Friday wedding is out and all went well. Off with my flowers to take too another wedding today,
(Saturday).

Life sure does happen!!!!!
That is especially when we need to make healthy choices. I don't always make healthy choices, but am learning.

Have a wonderful day. Stay cool!!!!!!!

No comments: