Monday, November 14, 2011

Carrot Pate





I found this recipe in the book, Dining With Friends by Pricilla Feral and Lee Hall. In the last few months I find these recipes that rave how great they are. I make them and they have been not very good and I have to doctor them up. This recipe had high revues and I decided one more time to give it a try.


It was actually very good. Surprise!!!!


This recipe serves 4. If I where having company I would double it.


Ingredients:



  • 2 cups carrots, sliced


  • 1/4 cup onions diced


  • 1 clove garlic slivered-I used 2


  • 1/4 teaspoon dill- I used a whisker more


  • 1/2 cup water


  • 1 Tablespoon arrowroot dissolved in 1 Tablespoon water


  • 2 Tablespoons white miso-go easy


  • 2 teaspoons tahini-sesame butter


  • 1/2 teaspoon salt-I did not use as these last 2 ingredients have plenty salt


Directions:




  1. In a sprayed saucepan, saute carrots, onion, garlic and dill for 2-3 minutes.



  2. Add the water and cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until carrots are tender.



  3. Puree the carrot mixture until a smooth paste. I pureed this with my immersion blender. If you don't have one a food processor or blender will work just fine.



  4. Combine the dissolved arrowroot, miso and tahini. Add to the mixture and simmer 20 minutes more.

Cool-refrigerate several hours before serving.


This can be used as a side dish with veggies, such as celery sticks, wheat crackers or even as a spread on your bread, or tortilla shell.



Enjoy!!!






No comments: