Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

I don't have a picture as it was all eaten up for Thanksgiving. This is made with tofu. I found it to be really good, but it needs to be refrigerated over night before eating.
I tried several recipes and I didn't like so ended up doing the way I thought would work.
Ingredients:


  • 15 oz fresh pumpkin-cooked

  • 3/4 brown sugar-I used turbinado

  • 1 12 oz package extra firm silken tofu.

  • 1 can evaporated milk

  • 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

  • 1/4 teaspoon cloves

  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • Vegan whipped cream-optional
Directions:


  1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.

  2. Blend the pumpkin and brown sugar in a blender or food processor.

  3. Add tofu and evaporated milk.

  4. Add the salt and all seasonings, continue blending until very creamy..

  5. Pour into a glass pie plate with a pie crust. I used Pillsbury Pie Crust as I was in a hurry.

  6. Bake 425 degrees for about 15 minutes.

  7. Turn heat down to 375 degrees and continue baking about 60 minutes or until the filling sets.

  8. Chill overnight in the refrigerator.

  9. Serve with vegan whipped cream.

No comments: