Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Luna Melt




This is quick, easy and tasty. What more do you want in a sandwich?



Ingredients:


  • 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans rinsed and drained


  • 1/3 cup celery-chopped-I usually go heavy on this as I like the crunch of the celery.


  • 1/4 cup onion finely chopped


  • 3 Tablespoons Vegan Mayonnaise


  • 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice


  • 1 teaspoon Chick Seasoning Blend-optional


  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder


  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


  • 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika


  • 2 Tabelspoons low sodium pickle relish-optional

Directions:


  1. Mash the beans-I did this in my food processor


  2. Put in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.


  3. Mix well.


  4. I put this mixture on a toasted Gensis 1-29 English Muffin. Found in the freezer case at Festival in the dark blue box.


  5. Top with tomato slices and some vegan cheese of choice.


  6. Put under the broiler until cheese melts.


This is very similar to another sandwich I have on my blog. I found this very enjoyable. I liked the fact that it was quick and easy. I have made a few recipes in the last few days that where quite involved so this was a treat.






No comments: