Sunday, August 12, 2012

Beet Burgers



A friend brought me some beets so I decided to make some burgers with them. These are really good. When I baked them in the oven I kept them small so that they would not be unbaked in the center.


Ingredients:


  • 2 cups grated beets

  • 2 cups grated carrots

  • 1 cup cooked brown rice

  • 1 cup sunflower seeds-I used sesame seeds

  • 1 cup grated cheese-I used none

  • Egg-Re placer to equal 2 eggs

  • 1/2 cup grated onion

  • 3 cloves of garlic-mashed

  • 1 cup breadcrumbs

  • 3 Tablespoons flour

  • 3 Tablespoons parsley-chopped

  • 2 Tablespoons Worcheshire Sauce-low sodium

  • Cayenne pepper- I used Sirarcha Sauce

  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions:



  1. Mix well.

  2. Form in small patties.

  3. Put on sprayed cookie sheet.

  4. Bake in 350 degree oven, for 10-15 minutes on each side.


No comments: