Friday, August 10, 2012

Prune Pudding





No this is not chocolate pudding!!!!

When I came home after my surgery I had a friend pick up some prunes for me. Instead of cooking them in water I used orange juice concentrate.


Last evening I realized those prunes where still in my refrigerator.

Knowing I better use them up before they spoil this is what I did.



  1. Drained the prunes.

  2. I put the prunes in the food processor. I had about 1 1/2-2 cups prunes.

  3. I drained some soft Nori-Nu Silken Tofu (1 container) and put in the food processor with the prunes.

  4. Process for several minutes until very smooth scraping down the sides periodically.

  5. While this was happening I heated the orange/prune juice ( I had a little over a cup) that I had drained off the prunes.

  6. When almost hot I added a Knox Unflavored Gelatine. Mix well until dissolved.

  7. If to thick add some water to the consistency you want, and mix well.

  8. Refrigerate several hours.


This is really good, especially if you like prunes.


UMM!! Wouldn't some whipping cream be good on this!!! Vegan of course!!!!


Enjoy!!!



I than added this to the mixture in the food processor and continue to blend until very smooth.

No comments: