Monday, December 3, 2012

Grilled Vegetable Sandwich with Garlic Aioli

This was suppose to be put into a sandwich. I didn't because I did not want a loaf of high fiber bread in my house. Good bread is one of my trigger points, so I ate it with some of the Aioli Sauce on top of the roasted vegetables. Oh my gosh, it was so very tasty. It would make a supperb sandwich, served with a crisp salad.
Ingredients:
Aioli Sauce:
  • 1/2 cup vegan mayanaize
  • 1 head garlic, roasted- squeeze out roasted garlic, directions below.
  • 3 Tablespoons freshly diced basil
  • 3 teaspoons freshly chopped chives
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt-go easy
  • Freshly ground black pepper
Grilled Vegetable Ingredients:
  • 1 eggplant peeled, and cubed  (I used 5 very small eggplants from my garden.)
  • 2 small white onions cut into nice size pieces.
  • 2-3 medium portables caps-diced
  • 2 red bell peppers cut into strips
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons oil-I used way less
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • High Fiber Bread, for sandwiches
Directions:
  1. Mix together all of the Aioli ingredients till smooth.
  2. Set Aside
  3. Turn oven on to 425 degrees.
  4. Put all vegetables in a bag with the oil salt and pepper.
  5. Shake well. .
  6. Roast vegetables 25-30 minutes or until caramelized.
  7. Toast bread
  8. Cover  toasted bread, with 1/4 of the Aioli sauce.
  9. Place roasted vegetables on top with top slice of bread to make a sandwich.
  10. Makes 4 sandwiches.
  11. These vegetables would be great on the grill also.
Directions to roast garlic:
  1. Cut the top of the clove to expose the garlic.
  2. Wrap in parchment paper than in tin foil. Roast in oven for about 45 minutes.
  3. Squeeze garlic into aioli sauce.
Enjoy!!!!!

No comments: