Saturday, April 6, 2013

Black Bean Quinoa Salad

I will finish later. I am ripping wallpaper off of another bedroom. Wow is that exhausting. A friend is here to help so will get back to this later.

A  new friend Vicki from Fond du lac gave me this recipe. It is very healthy ad looks oh so very pretty. I used red and black quinoa as I had a dab of both in the cupboard and wanted to use it up.
Remember the more raw you can eat, the better it is for you. By eating more raw those pounds will come off faster.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
  • 2 cups low sodium black beans, cooked and cooled
  • 1 zucchini cut into matchsticks, I used 2 zucchini and diced them.
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 3 green onions finely diced
  • 1 large handful fresh cilantro, chopped

Dressing:
  1. 2 limes, juiced
  2. 3 Tablespoons EVOO
  3. 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  4. 1 teaspoon salt-I did not use
  5. 1 teaspoon cumin
  6. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  7. 1 garlic clove, minced
  8. 1 avocado chopped
  9. Whisk together dressing and pour over vegetables. Serve on top of greens or on a plate by itself.
  10. Refrigerate to marry flavors.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: