Saturday, April 13, 2013

Fennel and Green Apple Salad with Orange Dressing.

I told you I was behaving myself and eating more salads. I want to stick with this and lose weight. You know men can eat that pasta and bread and still lose weight. They have those big muscles that are in their favor. Us woman have to work harder at it and just eat more greens and stay away from the pasta and breads. Oh yes and those yummy desserts also.
I promise I won't die, in fact just to the contrary, I will get really healthy eating this way.

This recipe is really refreshing and a very nice change to what I have been eating. Oh yes, I was on CHIP almost 100 % but on the wrong end of it. Well today is a new day!

Ingredients for the salad:
  • 1 bulb fennel, sliced very thin, about 2-3 cups. Frondaaaaaas saved and chopped.
  • 1 Granny Smith Apple, cored and sliced into 1/8 in thich slices. Then cut into matchsticks.
  • 1 fresh orange, peeled and cut into smal pieces.

Dressing:
  1. 5-6 green onions, sliced. Use the green part also
  2. 2 navel oranges, juiced
  3. 1 navel orange zested, peel and slice the rest of the orange into bite size pieces.
  4. 1 small lemon, juiced
  5. 2 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
  6. Salt and pepper to taste.
  7. The original recipe called for 1/3 cup EVOO-I did not use.
Directions:
  1. Put fennel, apple and orange in a bowl.
  2. Mix the dressing well and pour over the above.
  3. Add some of the chopped fronds to the salad.

Refrigerate.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: