Saturday, January 18, 2014

Deans Tomato Bisque

My son Dean made this at one of our cooking classes.. My 2 college granddaughters where at my home for lunch yesterday and this is one of the things I made. It is their dads recipe so I knew it would be a hit.

Ingredients:
  • 8 cups tomatoes, chopped-I used my canned tomatoes.
  • 3 cloves of garlic crushed-I used more
  • 1/4 cup water.
  1. Put in large kettle. Cook at low boil for an hour.
In another pan put in:
  •  1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2-3 stalks celery, chopped.
  1. Saute for about 5-8 minutes.
  2. Add 3 tablespoons flour stirring about 3-5 minutes.
  3. Whisk into tomatoes stirring constantly , 2-3 minutes.
  • Add 3/4 cup or so of rice milk.
  • 3/4 teaspoon Himilayan salt.
  • 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice.
  • Mrs. Dashes Southwestern Chipolte Seasonings. to taste.
  • Freshly ground  black pepper to taste.
  • Blend well with a submersible blender-or blender.
  • Remove seeds if so desired. I did not.
  • Serve hot,  sprinkled with lots of fresh chopped basil..
Remember soup is always better the second day.
Enjoy!!!


No comments: