Thursday, January 23, 2014

Overnight Almond Joy Oats

Do you like Almond Joy Candy Bars!!!  Well we should not be eating those anymore. How about trying this recipe. If you like Almond Joy Candy Bars you will love this recipe.
 Roxanne gave me this recipe last year and I just never got around to making it. I had it every day for breakfast this week and it is really yummy!! You may want to double the recipe.
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 Tablespoons Chia Seeds-or flax seeds or both
  • 1 Tablespoons vegan chocolate powder
  • 2 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut 
  • 2 Medjool Dates-pitted and chopped-this is a sweetener
  • 2/3 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
  • I also added a scoop of protein powder that I had
Optional:
  1. Add slivered or chopped  almonds and dark vegan chocolate chips-I did not do.
  2. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
  3. Refrigerate and enjoy the next morning.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: