Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hawaiian-Style Sweet and Sour Roasted Pineapple with Bell Peppers

This recipe is excellent. Can be served as a side dish or on top of brown rice.


This recipe was in my Vegetarian Magazine that I just received in the mail.
It is a Donna Klein Recipe

3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
1 1/2 cups red bell pepper-julienned. I used frozen that I put up when peppers where not so expensive.
1 medium red onion-cut into thin wedges-about 1 1/2 cup
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil-I used Walnut Oil, as that is what I had.
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil- I totally omitted this.
1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 Tablespoon sweetened coconut flakes-optional-I used 3 Tablespoons unsweetened flakes
1 Tablespoon lime juice

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
  2. Arrange pineapple, peppers and onions on ungreased 13 by 9" glass pan.
  3. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with brown sugar.
  4. Season with pepper if desired.
  5. Toss to coat.
  6. Roast mixture on center oven rack for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned turning once.
  7. Remove from oven
  8. sprinkle with coconut flakes, drizzle with lime juice.
  9. Toss well to combine.

    Can be served hot or at room temperature.

No comments: