Sunday, December 11, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes with Walnuts

This was brought to the potluck last week. I did not try it.. I was told it was really good. Have you ever roasted grapes before? They end up being very sweet,aand of course all veggies become sweet with roasting.
Ingredients:


  • 24 oz. brussel sprouts-about 8 cups, halved or quarted if large


  • 24 oz red grapes-about 4 cups


  • 2 Tabelspoon EVOO


  • 4 Tabelspoon fresh thyme


  • coarse salt-optional


  • Freshly ground black pepper


  • 1/2 cup plus walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
Directions


  1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, toss brussel sprouts, grapes with oil. Put on two rimmed baking sheets.


  2. Season with thme, pepper an salt if using.


  3. Roast until carmelized and tender about 20 minutes.


  4. Drizzle each tray with 1 teaspoon vinegar and scrape up any carmelized bits wth a wooden spoon.


  5. Toss in toasted walnuts.
Comments from Verna's Kitchen:


  1. I would not use any salt.


  2. Also I would probably cut back on EVOO.


  3. If I were doing this I would use a balsamic vinegar in place on the white vinegar.

No comments: