Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tomato Florentine Soup



This was brought to the potluck on Wednesday evening. Many mentioned how good it was.

I did not have any as I am trying to eat mostly vegetables and fruit.


Ingredients:


  • 1 medium onion-chopped

  • 2 clove garlic-minced

  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil

  • 2 1-lb. cans tomato sauce-low sodium

  • 1 16 oz can diced tomato's

  • 1 bay leaf

  • 2/3-1cup plain soy creamer or 1/2 cup raw cashews blended in 1 cup water

  • 1 Tablespoon sucanat

  • 1 teaspoon oregano

  • 1 teaspoon basil

  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1 teaspoon onion powder

  • 2 cups washed and chopped spinach

Directions:


  1. Saute onion and garlic in a sprayed kettle.

  2. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaf, and seasonings.

  3. Simmer 1/2 hour, and add spinach and soy creamer.

  4. Simmer another 5 minutes.

  5. Serves 6

Verna's notes:


  1. I would not use the oil. Instead I would put in a sprayed kettle.

  2. In stead of sucanat I would use stevia or agave nectar.

  3. I would use my immersion blender at the end to make it nice and creamy.


Enjoy!!!

No comments: