Saturday, December 31, 2011

Seven Layer Dip

I was given this recipe but have not made it because I am trying to lose weight.
It sure sounds good. It would be a great recipe to take to your New Year's Party.
If you make it let me know how you rate this recipe.

Yield about 8 servings.
Ingredients:


  • **15 oz can refried beans

  • 1/4 cup water

  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil- I would not use

  • 1 teaspoon chili powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

  • salt to taste-I would not use

  • 1 cup of vegan chedder and pepper jack cheese can mix the two

  • 1 Jalapeno pepper-seeds and membranes removed-finely chopped

  • 1 Avocado, finely chopped-or 1 cup guacamole

  • 1 Tomato-seeds and juice removed and finely chopped

  • 1 cup low sodium sour cream

  • 1 small can black olives sliced.


  1. Directions:
    Heat the refried beans in a medium saucepan. Add water to get a creamy consistency. Add oil (I would omit this) and all of the seasonings.When the beans are hot and bubbly, spread over the bottom of a serving dish.

  2. Immediately spread the cheese over the beans.

  3. Layer the rest of the ingredients in order given.

  4. Serve immediately with low sodium chips or veggies.

  5. Note:
    **If you go on my blog, I have a recipe on for low sodium refried beans. Go to Search on the right hand side of the blog and type in Refried Beans and the recipe will come up on the left hand side. I posted a recipe back sometime in July that is really good. Plus easy to make.

No comments: