Monday, December 5, 2011

Tomato Basil Soup




I need reconstructive surgery on my feet. I decided to help the recovery time from surgery by eating as healthy as I possibly can. Oh yes the CHIP Program is healthy, but I was pushing the bread way to much, to many yummy foods that I need to cut back on. (like desserts) I need to get back on the fresh greens, and fresh fruit etc. as I know losing weight will help the recovery time.



If I where making this before my new resolution I probably would have put some soy creamer in this recipe at the last few minutes to make it more creamy


It actually was very good this way. This is a combination of several recipes, with some stuff left out.


Ingredients:


  • 2 cups chicken broth-low sodium


  • 2-3 oz. of tomato paste-low sodium-go easy


  • 3 cups fresh tomatoes-chopped, unpeeled


  • Fresh basil rolled and cut in ribbons


  • 1-2 clove garlic, crushed and minced


  • 3 Tablespoon onion chopped


  • 2 stalks celery=chopped


  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder


  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano


  • 1/4 teaspoon dried sweet basil


  • pinch of marjoram


  • 2 bay leaves


  • 1 teaspoon or so of Agave Nectar


  • Black pepper to taste

Directions:


  1. Saute onions, garlic, celery in a lightly sprayed pan.


  2. Pour all ingredients except fresh basil in a food processor and blend.


  3. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 25-30 minutes.


Remove bay leaves and blend with an immersion blender.


Serve hot with fresh basil on top.



Enjoy!!!!

No comments: