Monday, March 11, 2013

Dean's Granola

This is my son's recipe for granola. I substituted a few things that I didn't have in the house, like sorghum. I cut back on the salt also.
 
I also put the raisins in the liquid to plump them. I don't like wrinkly raisins.
 
Give this recipe a try, it is very good. I did cut the recipe in half for me.
 
Ingredients:
  • 14 cups oats
  • 1/2 cup wheat germ
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/2 pound coconut
  • 1 cup sesame seeds
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 2 Tablespoons canola oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup sorghum
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 Tablespoon vanilla-Pleae no imitation
  • 2 cups raisins
  • 1 cup nuts-chopped-optional-but they sure are good in this recipe.

Directions:
  1. Turn oven to 300 degrees.
  2. Mix dry ingredients together.-not brown sugar
  3. Mix wet ingredients in a saucepan.I put the raisins in here to plump them.
  4. Do not boil.
  5. Pour wet mixture over dry mixture. Mix well.
  6. Put on parchment laden baking sheets.
  7. Bake 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: