Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spiced Chickpea Snack Mix

What a great week I had. Katie (my granddaughter) was home from college and I had the priviledge of spending time with her on Thursday. Today Carly ( another granddaughter) came to spend the morning with me. We had fun making vegan recipes. This is one of the recipes I made this afternoon in between ripping off wallpaper in a bedroom.
 
These are really good, and a very healthy snack.
 
Spiced Chickpea Snack Mix.
 
  • Mix 2- 15 oz cans of Kuner Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 2 Tabelspoons EVOO
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika-(please make sure it's smoked)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  •  
Directions:
  1. Mix well.
  2. Bake in  a 425 degree oven, 25-30 minutes.
  3. Put single layer on a baking sheet.
 
Notes from Verna's Kitchen.
  1. I used honey in place of the sugar.
  2.  I also used Siracha Sauce in place of the cayenne pepper.
  3. Because of the extra liquid I had to bake them quite a bit longer. I was busy stripping off wallpaper, so I am not sure how long, but you want them crunchy.
  4. Next time I would not use the Siracha Sauce, but instead use Mrs. Dashes Southwestern Chipolte Seasoning.
  5. They could have been just a little spicier, but they are excellent.
Enjoy!!!
 

No comments: