Friday, December 6, 2013

Baked Apples

I have been wanting to make Baked Apples ever since I got into CHIP. I had my friend Jean in for lunch on Thursday (top picture) and I made the baked Apples. It has some vegan whip cream on top. UMM looks like more cream than apple.  It was a huge hit.
So today Friday I had my friend Chris in for lunch and  did the same menu, this time I added a little cinnamon to the whip cream. this is really very tasty. Use small to medium size apples when you make this. If they are large just make sure you bake them longer.

Ingredients:
  • 4 apples
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup toasted pecans-chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons brown sugar-terbinado or of choice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

 Directions:
  1. Mix ingredients together.
  2. Cut top of apple-I wanted the stem showing but it did not happen.
  3. Remove core with a melon baller. Leave bottom of apple intact.
  4. Fill apples with filling.
  5. Put a pat of Earth Balance on top of apple.
  6. Put top on apple.
  7. Place in glass 8" baking dish.
  8. Pour 1/2 cup water or apple cider on bottom of pan.
  9. Cover with parchment paper then aluminum foil. You don't want the aluminum touching your food.
  10. Bake at 350 degrees 45 minutes basting every 15 minutes.
  11. Remove from oven and drizzle with maple syrup.
  12. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
  13. Serve with vegan whip cream or ice cream. Found at Festival in the Natural Food Aisle in the freezer.

Yummy yummy.
 Enjoy!!




No comments: