Sunday, December 22, 2013

Chocolate Almond Brittle

Another OMG unbelievable yummy recipe from Colleen Patrick Goudreau book the Joy of Vegan Cooking. I have had this Cook Book for years and have not used it until my friend Carol J. told me about the great pumpkin pie recipe in the book.

This is so unbelievable easy I had to give most of it away so I would not devour it.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Earth Balance
  • 1/2 chocolate chips of choice
  • About 6 rectangles of Graham Crackers, broken. Note picture to see size.
  • 1 1/2 cups raw almonds toasted and chopped

Directions:
  1. In a medium saucepan melt the Earth Balance and chocolate chips.
  2. Remove from heat, and pour in  the toasted, chopped almonds and graham crackers.
  3. Stir gently not to break graham crackers-you do not want crumbs.
  4. Pour out on parchment lined baking sheet, single layer.
  5. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Tips from Verna's Test Kitchen:
  1. The recipe was so small so I doubled the recipe. Above is a single recipe Didn't take too much to figure this was going to be yummy!!
  2. I  did about 10 rectangles of graham crackers.
 NOTE:
I made this for the second time this morning. I replace half of the Earth Balance with virgin coconut oil. The coconut oil is so much better for you than the Earth Balance. Also I used only half of the nuts called for. It was very good.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: