Tuesday, December 10, 2013

V erna's Smoothie

So many ask what I have for breakfast. This is my smoothie which tastes really good. The NUTR BULLET  was a Christmas present last year. I understand that they are around $100.00, but Kohl' s and other places had them for around $60.00. I absolutely love it. When I was on my death bed I would juice which is really good for you, as it goes right into your blood stream. But I did not like the idea of loosing all the pulp from the veggies.  The NUTRA BULLET pulverizes the pulp, which I like.

This morning's breakfast consisted of:
  • 3 stalks of kale, removed from the stem
  • Frozen banana disks-about 1/2 cup
  • Also about 1/2 cup frozen apple slices.
  • Water to the line.
The top of the container has the smoothie in, which I fill it to the line. I used my permanent marker to make the line more visibal.
Of course you need big straws to drink your smoothie which I found at Bed Bath and Beyond..
I use all my dibs and dabs of frozen fruit in my smoothie.

This would be a great Christmas present for a loved one. If that loved one does not live in your home, how about for you. It is well worth every penny spent on it as long as you use it. I am one of these people that love my counter tops clean with no clutter. That is a joke since I got into CHIP as the NUTRA BULLET always is on top of my counter plus my food processor as I use them all the time. As soon as you put them away you forget to use them. At least I sure do.

No comments: