Sunday, December 15, 2013

Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Pudding

This would be a great dessert to serve at any time as it can be prepared and put in the refrigerator for up to three days. It can be baked just before serving. Actually I made this yesterday, froze it, toke this one out of he freezer for this picture. Freezing works great. I made these in small ramekins for individual serving. They are just so cute and yummy looking.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup canned coconut milk-I used the entire can
  • 15 oz can pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of a healthy brown sugar.
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2-3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg-I used freshly ground1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4teaspoon ground cloves7-8 cups dried bread
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips of choice
I added also
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
Directions:
  1. Break a loaf of healthy bread into bite size pieces and dry in the oven
  2. In a food processor combine coconut milk, pumpkin, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, milk, maple syrup and spices until smooth.
  3. Add mixture to dry bread with chocolate chips.
  4. If using ramekins sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar in the bottom of greased ramekin.I did not do this but should have.
  5. Fill ramekin and press down.
  6. If using  glass pan, grease. fill the pan with the mixture, press down and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar over the top.
  7. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown-30 minutes or so.
  8. Serve warm.
  9. Oh yes that is a vegan whipping cream on top. I bought at Festival in the freezer compartment in the natural food aisle.
The recipe said to use a 9"by 13" glass pan or 12 ramekins. I am not sure how you would fill either as I used only 8 ramekins. I would think that a 8" square glass pan may be sufficient. You will know when you make this. Also I do not remember how long I bake it. It was about 30 minutes or so. was busy doing other things and don't remember. Don't you just hate that, when someone does that.

Enjoy!!!


No comments: