Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mushroom Stroganoff

1/4 cup plain soy yogurt-not Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup sour cream of choice
1 small onion-minced
1 1/2-2 teaspoons garlic-minced
2-3 Herb Ox Beef Seasonings-No Sodium
Squirt or two of Braggs Liquid Amino
Black pepper to taste
3-4 cups broth-I used my home made broth
2-3 Tablespoons flour
6 Portabella Mushrooms, sliced into 1/4 inch strips

Directions

1-In sprayed skillet, saute onions and garlic.
Add mushrooms strips, continue sauteing until mushrooms are tender.5-6 minutes.
2-Stir in half of the broth to deglaze the pan. Mix flour with remaining broth, add to pan. Stir
until thick. Add seasonings.
3-Add sour cream and yogurt.

Serve with wide noodles or brown rice.

Comments from Verna's Kitchen:

1-I double the sour cream, yogurt and seasonings as I wanted more sauce on my rice.
2-I sliced the mushrooms into strips, similiar to the pieces of meat used in classic strogonoff.
2-I used Greek Yogurt as I had it on hand. The strogonoff was real strong of that flavor.
3-Serve with minced parsley on top.



Enjoy!!!

Have a super day.

No comments: