Friday, October 29, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower

I was at Wagner's Veg. Stand in Black Creek and stocked up on lots of veggies.
-
I have roasted a lot of veggies over the years, but never cauliflower.
-
Directions:
  1. I took a large head of cauliflower, cut it into small pieces. Because I had a large amount, I put
    the cauliflower in a plastic bag.
  2. I took 1 whole garlic, which I separated the cloves, peeled and cut the larger cloves into
    smaller pieces and added to the bag with the garlic in.
  3. I then added 2 Tablespoons EVOO, lots of freshly ground black pepper
  4. Shake the bag really well.
  5. Turn the oven on to 425 degrees.
  6. Spread the cauliflower in a glass pan, or use baking sheets with sides on. When using metal pans, I always put parchment paper on the metal pans.
  7. Spread cauliflower in single layer over the parchment paper.
  8. Bake cauliflower for about 15 minutes and stir.
  9. Bake another 10-15 minutes or until the
    cauliflower is golden brown.
  10. You can eat as is. But I choose to put 1 healthy Tablespoons of Earth Balance on the
    cauliflower. Stir until melted. Another option would be to drizzle Balsamic Vinegar over the cauliflower or maybe lemon juice.

    This was so good. If you don't like garlic you may want to cut back, as it is very garlicky. Which I love
    -
    I don't have a picture as I ate it all before I realized I forgot to take a picture.
    -
    Enjoy!!!
    Have a super weekend.

No comments: