Friday, December 3, 2010

Baked Potato Skins

These are really good!!!

I didn't really have a recipe for this, made it up as I went. Actually I made something like this in our First Cooking Class. They would be a really nice appetizer with the Holidays coming up.

Directions:

  1. I baked a bunch of potatoes, scrubbed, rubbed with oil, and baked until tender.
  2. When baked, I put them on a cooling rack and cut in half, lengthwise.
  3. Let cool, and scooped out most of the potato. into a large bowl, for later use.
  4. Spray a baking sheet.
  5. Put potato skins on baking sheet, upside down.
  6. Spray potato skins with I can't Believe it is Not Butter.
  7. Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees. Watch so they don't burn.
  8. Remove from oven, turn the potato skins over
  9. Spray with I Can't Believe it's Not Butter and sprinkle with Bragg's Sprinkle-24 Herbs and spice seasoning. (Found at Woodman's in the Natural Food Aisle 22, way to the end of the aisle, on the left hand side as you go to the back of the store)
  10. Bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven. Put some cheese of choice on the bottom of the skins. Put back into oven , until cheese it melted.
  11. Fill potato cavity, with grated carrots, grated broccoli, black olives etc.
-
Comments from Verna's Kitchen:
-
I will take left over potatoes, mash them with some green onions, garlic, pepper, rice milk. I will probably make into patties, roll them in Panko Breadcrumbs. Fry in a sprayed pan until golden brown. Doesn't that sound good?
Enjoy!!
Have a super day!!

No comments: