Monday, December 13, 2010

Nutty Grapes


These are just so very good.
Last week when I was at a craft show in West Bend they had something like this. I came home and tried to duplicate it.
  • 1 pkg cream cheese-I used Weight Watchers as it was a lot lower in sodium.
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Just a touch of Stevia.-go really easy, as it is very strong if you use too much , I probably used 1 pinch of it.-optional.
  • Large red grapes, washed and dried.
  • Almonds very finely chopped
Directions:
  • Mix cream cheese, vanilla and Stevia, together with a mixer to get nice and creamy.
  • Roll the grapes in the cream cheese mixture. Hands work really well for this.
  • Roll in finely chopped nuts.
  • Push "sticks" into the rolled grape. I used Cookie sticks from Hobby Lobby.
  • I took a glass container, filled with dried lentils and put finished Nutty grapes into the container.
  • Arrange like a flower arrangement.

I doubled the above recipe.

I had friends in tonight for Christmas Get Together, and they where a huge hit.
-
I had planned on making these for the next CHIP Pot Luck, but if we have a large turn out like the last one, I would be rolling a lot of grapes.
-
Give them a try, I think you will really enjoy them.
-
-Have a super day!

1 comment:

Deb Hildebrand said...

These look awesome, I am going to have to try.