Friday, September 9, 2011

Baked Onion Rings-Verna's Version

I posted a picture of onion rings yesterday and never finished it as I tried a new recipe last evening that I liked better.
Of course they are not as good as deep fried, but I promise ;you won't have a stomach ache after because you ate something bad,

Ingredients:


  • 1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes. I did this is my food processor. Crushed till very fine.

  • 1/2 teaspoon stevia
    1 teaspoon paprika

  • 1/2 teaspoon Braggs Seasoning or seasoning of choice

  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder-go easy

  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder-go easy

  • 2 large sweet onions- cut 1/2-3/4 " thick. Vidalia or Walla Walla, make sure the onions are sweet.

  • Egg substitute to equal 3 eggs
Direction


  1. Turn oven to 375 degrees.

  2. In large bowl combine the first 6 ingredients.

  3. Separate the onions into rings., saving the small rings for another use.

  4. Beat egg substitute until frothy.

  5. Dip onion rings into egg substitute then into crumb mixture.

  6. Put on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper and sprayed.

  7. Spray lightly the onion rings.

  8. Bake at 375 degrees 15 minutes or until onion rings are tender and coating is crispy.

  9. I turned them over and baked 5 more minutes.

  10. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!!

No comments: