Friday, September 23, 2011

Mashed Sweet Potato's



These are really good. Oh so creamy!!


I got this recipe off of the America's test Kitchen. Of course I had to change a few ingredients to make it CHIP friendly.

OK number one never cook sweet potato's in water. According to America's Test Kitchen they get to water logged. Ummm! learned a new thing today. I was anxious to make them as I am an old cook for many years and had never heard that.


Ingredients:


  • 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut vertically then horizontally into smaller pieces.

  • 3-4 Tablespoons Earth Balance

  • 3 Tablespoons plain soy creamer

  • 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar of choice

Directions:


  1. Put sliced sweet potatoes in kettle.

  2. Add all the rest of the ingredients.

  3. Cook on low heat (covered kettle) for about 35 minutes or till tender.

  4. I mashed these with my immersible blender until smooth.


Seeing I was going through the work I doubled the recipe. I am so glad I did, they are excellent.


Enjoy!!


Have a super wonderful weekend!!

No comments: