Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Coronation Salad






Doesn't this look yummy!!!



After being sick for a few days, I couldn't wait to try some new recipes.

I found this recipe in a book, Greatest Ever Salads-Fall River.

It was very enjoyable. I think you will like it also, especially if you like curry powder.

I am so sorry the recipe gets so spread out after I publish the recipe. I have no control over that-so I have been told.

Ingredients:

1 red bell pepper-deseeded and diced

1/2 cup golden raisins

1 1/2 celery stalks-diced

1 Granny Smith Apple-diced

1 cup green grapes-cut in half

1 1/2 cups brown basmati rice-cooked-go easy

1 romaine lettuce -washed and dried

1 teaspoon paprika to garnish

Dressing:

4 Tablespoons vegan mayonnaise

2 teaspoons mild curry powder teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon paprika

pinch of salt-optional

freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Mix the the dressing and set aside.

Mix all the other ingredients ( not romaine lettuce ) together.

Pour dressing over ingredients and mix well.

Refrigerate for a few hours before serving to marinade the flavors.

To Serve:

Put salad in Romaine lettuce leaves.

Sprinkle with paprika.


Enjoy!!!





No comments: