Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cindy's Salsa

We are in the midst of a CHIP Class of 56 wonderful people. Cindy from class gave me this recipe. She said it was her favorite, so I made it over the weekend.
Ingredients:


  • 1 15 OZ. can Black Beans-Rinsed and drained

  • 1 15 oz. can Niblet Corn-rinsed and drained

  • 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans-rinsed and drained

  • 1 each-orange, green, and yellow peppers-cleaned & diced

  • i cucumber- I used a seedless cucumber

  • 1/2 cup red onion-chopped

  • 1 bunch of cilantro-washed, dried- chopped-remove stems.
    1 teaspoon salt-I didn't use

  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar-I used garlic flavored wine vinegar, as that is what I had in the house.

  • 1/8 cup EVOO- I used about 1/16 of a cup

  • 3 limes juiced-about 4-6 Tablespoons

  • I did add a teaspoon or so of Agave Nectar
Directions:


  1. Mix vinegar, salt, oil & lime juice.

  2. Pour over diced veggies.
As always it is better if it can marinade a few hours or overnight.

The Chips in the picture are Beanitos Pinto Beans and Flax Seed.
The calories are 70-sodium 55. So it fits the rule of sodium.

Enjoy!!

No comments: