Monday, April 23, 2012

Rhubarb Banana Smoothie

Rhubarb! Rhubarb! and more Rhubarb!!!!
What do we as Chippers do with the rhubarb. Oh yes, I can think of lots of yummy things we can make with it---BUT that is not what we should be doing.
Anyway I decided to do a Rhubarb Smoothie which was really tasty. No not sour at all.
For the stewed Rhubarb.
Ingredients:


  • 1 & 1/2 cups rhubarb-diced


  • 1/4 teaspoon powdered Stevia


  • 1/4 cup water


  • Directions:


  1. Bring to a boil, simmer until tender.


  2. Refrigerate until cooled.
Ingredients:


  • 1 cup stewed rhubarb


  • 1 & 1/2 banana-cut into circles (without the peel) and freeze


  • 1 cup Almond Milk-that is what I had in the house. But any flavor or even plain soy yogurt.


  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice


  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions:


  1. Put ingredients in blender.


  2. Blend till smooth.
I made the stewed rhubarb the night before. I probably will make a bunch of it up and freeze in needed portions.
Tomorrow I plan on doing a smoothie with rhubarb and strawberries. Also some healthy rhubarb muffins. Will post if they turn out.

Enjoy!!

No comments: