Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dehydrating

I have been really busy again this week dehydrating 21 pineapples and 2 grocery bags of bananas.
Last Sunday  after church,  I  stopped at Aldi's and picked up the pineapple for 99 cents each. Then I stopped at Woodman's and they had grocery bags of bananas for $1.49.
A few weeks ago when Aldi's had there pineapple on sale for 99 cents, I ended up doing 40 at that time..
With all the grandchildren and great grandchildren that I have, this ends up being part of there Christmas present. I hope to do kiwi and a few other fruits when they go on sale

The bottom picture is my dehydrator. I can do a lot at one time as I have 8 different layers
The bananas are in a plastic bag, and stored away for Christmas.

If  you have never dehydrated fruits and vegetables it is a great way to safe money when the produce is on sale.

Plus it ends up being a great Christmas present for the grandchildren and great grandchildren!!

No comments: