Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nutty O's Cherrios

I was given this recipe from a non CHIP friend. Needless to say it had a lot of naughty ingredients in it.
After making it CHIP approved, it would be a great snack over the Holidays.
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup packed turbinado  brown ssugar-go easy on the sugar!
  • 1/2 cup Rice Syrup 
  • 1/4 cup Earth Balance-Go easy!
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt-optional
  • 6 cups Cherries-I would use 8 cups next time!
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds-I did not use!
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a baking sheet I used parchment paper on the baking sheet an sprayed that lightly!
  2. Heat sugar,  Rice Syrup, Earth Balance and salt in a 3 qt saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
  3. Remove from heat and pour over the 6-8 cups of cheerios  and nuts which are in a large bowl..
  4. Stir until well coated.
  5. Bake in  the 325 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes. Break apart cereal into small pieces. Let cool 1 hour.
  6. Store in a air-tight container.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Living Life with Jo said...

Hi Vera! love checking your blog for fun recipes. I keep them all. Bought some dates today, and am going to try stuffing them. Picked up steak sandwiches for Gary and his sister's today. Gary calls all that contraband food, "MEATABLES". haha. Thank you for everything you have done to inspire me. I never thought I would choose to stay vegeterian/vegan. My plans are to continue this lifestyle. hugs..jo

Verna V said...

Thanks Jo, how I appreciate your comments. Leave a comment on my blog about what you think of the stuffed dates. .
I am always here for you.