Saturday, February 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Granola Bars

Kathy Hahlbeck in the present CHIP Class gave me this recipe. It is quick, very easy to make and very tasty. I didn't put it on my blog sooner as I wanted to wait towards the end of class as I did not want to tempt anyone.
This recipe is no bake which is really nice. Rather than rolling these into balls, I put them in a 13" by 9" glass pan.When I cut them, they became quite crumbly. (Maybe I needed to mix them better) So maybe don't do as I did, but take the time to roll them out.
 
Ingredients:
  • 3 cuts coarsely ground oatmeal
  • 3 cups Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1 cup honey
  • 1 cup peanut butter
 
  1. Mix all ingredients. Mold into a 9" by 13" pan or roll into balls
  2. Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips if desired. As you can see I melted my chips and spread them over the top of the bars.
 
Enjoy!!!

No comments: