Sunday, February 24, 2013

Vanilla Bean Whip

Remember my posting for Valentine's Day, February 14th with my chocolate pudding. I had a vegan whip cream that I had used on the pudding.
My friend Robbie,  borrowed me her cookbook, Forks over Knives.
I found this recipe in there.

I went to my son's families home tonight and took this along. Everyone said they really enjoyed it including the girls who do not like tofu.

Vanilla Bean Whip
Makes 2 cups

Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg extra firm silken Mori-Nu Tofu-( please no substitudes).
  • 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight and drained
  • 1/2 cup 100% maple syrup
  •  Pinch of salt-yes it really needs it.
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 vanilla bean-( Penzey's, has these) .
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredient except vanilla bean, and put in the food processor..
  2. Open vanilla bean and scrape out all seeds. Put the seeds in the food processor.
  3. Mix well.
  4. Put mixture in a glass container with the scraped vanilla bean pod. Make sure to cover. Put in frig for several hours to let the vanilla bean seeds and pod to give you an awsome  vanilla flavor.
This was excellent and no chemicals. Yum yum!!
Tips from Verna's Kitchen:

  1. Vanilla beans are very expensive so you want to get all the flavor possible out of the seeds and the pod. I suggest throwing the pod into the  Vanilla Bean Whip.
  2. Very quick, and very easy.

Thanks Robbie for sharing your book.

Enjoy!!

No comments: